VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid 1.3 is out around a month back, I tried to read the documentation and find out what’s new in this release.
TKG 1.3 New/Updated Features Summary
- TKG CLI is replaced with Tanzu CLI
- Supported K8S versions –
- Support for Ubuntu node OS (20.04) image on all infra as default. In addition to that, Photon OS on vSphere and Amazon Linux on Amazon EC2
- NSX Advance Load Balancer
- OIDC and LDAP identity management with Pinniped
- Disaster recovery of workload clusters with Velero
- Metrics Server pre-installed on management and workload clusters
- Registering TKG clusters on TMC using Installer UI and CLI
- Kapp-controller preinstalled on management and workload clusters
- Manage Kubernetes version in clusters using new CRD, Tanzu Kubernetes Releases (TKRs).
Products and Version Support Matrix
That’s all in this post, i will share installation experience and issues in upcoming blogs.